DISCOVERY ELEMENTARY JOG-A-THON!
This year we’re kicking off our first ever Jog-a-thon & Color Run! This is an awesome way to raise money for the VPO programs that support our great school! Every child will participate in a Jog-a-Thon on June 16th. We will be collecting donations to qualify for different prize levels. These will be flat donations (not per lap).
If we reach our fundraising goal of $8,000 by May 20th, we will have a school-wide COLOR RUN! Every child that collects and turns in at least $30 in donations by May 20th will receive a special Color Run T-shirt to wear during the event!
We are also looking for businesses to sponsor this event. Any business that makes a $150 or more donation to Discovery Elementary VPO will have their business name/logo on the back of a Color Run t-shirt. Any student that brings in a sponsor will automatically qualify for the special Color Run t-shirt (this DOES NOT go toward other prizes). Sponsorships must be submitted by May 20th (see separate Sponsor Request form).
- May 20th: Business sponsor forms and donations due.
- May 20th: Deadline to qualify for the Color Run t-shirt. ($30 in donations turned in or a business sponsor). Send donations to school with your child in an envelope marked Discovery VPO with your child’s name and teacher on it. Or you can print, fill out, and staple this form to an envelope.
- June 14th: Last day to turn in any additional donations to qualify for the other prizes. Send donations to school with your child in an envelope marked Discovery VPO with your child’s name and teacher on it.
- Thursday, June 16th: Jog-a-thon! Each grade will have a set time they are running (schedule will be sent out in June)! Parents are welcome to come cheer (or jog)!
- Friday, June 17th: Color Run! More information to come if we meet this goal!
- SCHOOL-WIDE PRIZE: If we hit the Fundraising Goal of $8,000 by May 20th, we will have a Color Run event!!
- INDIVIDUAL PRIZES:
- Every student that has turned in $30 in donations or more by May 20th will receive a special Color Run t-shirt to be worn on the day of the run. (Students who bring in a Sponsor will automatically qualify for this prize.)
- All students bringing in a sponsor will be placed in a drawing to win their choice of a $50 Target or Amazon gift card.
- The student who brings in the MOST donations (sponsorships NOT included) will receive their choice of a $50 Target or Amazon gift card.
- CLASS PRIZE: The class that raises the most in donations per capita will earn their choice of a popcorn, pizza, or ice cream party on June 21st!
Good Luck Discovery Crew!
Any questions please email Erin McAllister: email@example.com